It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do you place Rhapsody Model Manager diagrams into a DOORS Next module

james k (111) | asked Sep 16 '20, 10:52 a.m.
I have seen various related questions but no real answer.  I have DOORS Next and Model manager in the same lifecycle project (6.0.6.1), and in global configuration management.  I would simply like to insert a image from Model Manager, generated from the Rhapsody Model, into a DOORS Next module.  For example, a State Machine diagram showing required states, and based on the selected global configuration it would select the correct Model image based on the global configuration.  But I see now way to link anything between DOORS Next and Rhapsody other than simple relationships, as defined here:  https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSYMRC_6.0.6.1/com.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc/topics/r_rm_link_domains.html

Is there a way to point to a Model Manager "element diagram" from DOORS Next and have it included in the module?

Thanks.

2 answers

permanent link
Savan Chhaniyara (11) | answered Nov 28 '23, 5:39 a.m.

Hi James,

I agree, this is very important functionality that  is needed for seamless integration between Rhapsody RMM and Doors Next. 

permanent link
Bartosz Chrabski (3.4k12648) | answered Dec 28 '20, 12:05 p.m.

Hi James,

At this point you can only link elements between DNG and Rhapsody Model Manager (AM) and You are not able to embed diagrams (from AM) in DNG modules.

If You want to generate a Word with images and artifacts from both systems you can doing by developing a proper RPE template.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.