It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there any workaround to export picture objects in a ReqIF definition

Daikan Murata (295) | asked Sep 15 '20, 9:03 p.m.
edited Sep 15 '20, 9:26 p.m.

Hi, 

A client would like to migrate data from DOORS Classic 9.7 to DOORS Next 7.x through ReqIF.
But, those data contain lots of picture objects in the artifacts.
I understand that there is a limitation to export picture objects in a definition.

>Picture objects are not included in a definition.

Do you have any ideas to migrate data which has lots of picture objects?
Should we delete those picture objects and re-attach them as OLE objects before exporting?

One answer

permanent link
Mitch G (2710) | answered Sep 15 '20, 9:41 p.m.
 Hi Daikan, can't completely answer your question here but what I have had to do for a previous client meant filtering out all the graphics/OLE objects from a module and saving this as the view you add in your ReqIF definition for the modules export. 

From my direct experience DOORs 9 for some reason hated OLE objects and the export process would take hours (if not finish at all). This might be of some help. Importing the attempted ReqIF exports into NG did not work at all. 

I would look at perhaps separately migrating the graphics but leave textual placeholders in your DOORs modules. Hope that's of some help.

Comments
Daikan Murata commented Sep 17 '20, 8:52 p.m.

Your advice is helpful to me.

I appreciate it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.