It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Clear/reset a project of template (artifacts, artifact typs, attributes) and all artefacts without archiving project.

Mitch G (2710) | asked Sep 15 '20, 12:40 a.m.
Hi, I'm currently prototyping the different templates for a project I'm setting up in the /rm application. I'm wondering if there is an easy way to reset a project and remove all artefacts/templates so I can implement a new project template (under the same project area).

It seems like they only way I can do this is manually, one after the other:

1. Scan all folders checking for modules
2. Delete modules
3. Delete artefact folders.
4. Delete all template-derived artifact attributes
5. Delete all template-derived artifact data types
6. Delete all template-derived artifact types

This then allows me to navigate back to the main project dashboard and I'm prompted to set up a template. This is quite laborious though, is there a quicker way to "clean" a project area for reuse without having to archive and create a new project area??

Comments
Diana Kraaijeveld commented Sep 15 '20, 4:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It may indeed be easier to create a new project or component and then apply the desired template to that new project, because it seems you are really deleting everything from the existing project area?
You could even first create a new project template based on your existing project, and choose what to include in this template (ie only link types) and then apply it to your new project or component.

FYI its also possible to import the type system from some other project or component into an existing project. This would add the artifact types, attributes, data types and link types from that project to your existing project.
Perhaps that could be of some use in what you are trying to achieve? See  Importing project properties from a project or component

One answer

permanent link
Don Max (241430) | answered Sep 15 '20, 1:05 a.m.

Comments
Mitch G commented Sep 15 '20, 1:25 a.m.

Thanks for sharing! However this article is for "hard deleting" project data. I'm interested in keeping the same project area but just re-using it with a new project template. Having to make a whole new project area every time and archive the old seems to be rather cumbersome.

Don Max commented Sep 15 '20, 1:28 a.m. | edited Sep 15 '20, 1:29 a.m.

The method mentioned the article doesn't delete the project area. It will only cleanup the data in the project. Just archive the project and run the command to cleanup the data in the project and restore the project area again.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.