It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can we edit or create a view under a baseline configuration of DNG artefacts?

Chandrasekar Muthukrishnan (32328) | asked Sep 14 '20, 1:15 a.m.

DNG : 6.0.6.1

We have created a baseline configuration of a particular module in DNG. We are trying export the artifacts using view. But we need some changes in the view. We are not able to edit the view or create a new view for that module under the Baseline configuration. 

Is there any option available to edit or create views under a particular baseline configuration?

3 answers

permanent link
David K (413) | answered Sep 22 '20, 1:43 a.m.
edited Sep 22 '20, 1:56 a.m.

Hi Chandrasekar,

I've found a partial workaround to export new custom views greater than 200 artifacts from a DOORS Baseline. Create your custom view and choose generate report from the menu in the top right (under the icon with the three stacked horizontal bars).

Choose “Print Module Table” from the list of options in "Select report type" tab

Keep clicking through until the "Report information" tab.In the “Report information” tab choose Microsoft word and tick the “Show attributes” checkbox

The table that is generated from this report should match the attributes and links that are displayed in your new custom view. You can copy and paste the table into excel to mimic a regular export of a custom view.

Note that this method comes with some caveats. Namely, you can’t save the new custom view and you can only produce this style of report within modules. It might be possible to create a similar style report template for base artifacts but I think you'd need access to RPE to be able to create new templates outside of the default.

Hopefully in spite of it's limitations this method can still help you to extract the information you need from Baselines.

Regards,

David

permanent link
David K (413) | answered Sep 21 '20, 10:11 p.m.

Hi Chandrasekar,

I've created an enhancement request to deal with very issue here, feel free to vote for it if you feel this feature would be valuable:

134245: Ability to export a custom view to excel without saving it

Judging by the below Plan item, it looks like this feature will be implemented in some future release of DNG:

134325: [RM] CM: Baselines - General Improvements

Hopefully we don't have to wait to long before the enhancement is implemented.

Regards,

David

Comments
Chandrasekar Muthukrishnan commented Sep 22 '20, 12:53 a.m.

Hi David,

Thanks for sharing the details about the enhancement. Voted..
May be one other option can be they could allow save only personal views in the baselined version. so we can export artifacts as per our needs

Thanks,
Chandrasekar

David K commented Sep 22 '20, 1:10 a.m.
Agreed that would be a good option as well. I've amended my enhancement request to include this option.

permanent link
Ian Barnard (1.9k613) | answered Sep 21 '20, 9:22 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi

No baselines are immutable so you can't create a new view (or new types/artifacts/module/reqif definitions...)

If you have configuration management enabled you can create a new stream from the baseline and create the view there.

HTH
Ian

Comments
Chandrasekar Muthukrishnan commented Sep 22 '20, 12:34 a.m.
Hi Ian,

Thanks for the feedback.

I agree that  new types/artifacts/module/reqif definitions etc should not be updated in a baseline. Even I agree that the shared views should not be modifiable. But if I need a specific filtered artifacts to be exported from a baselined version, it is not feasible. They could have enabled for creating personal view alone.

Thanks,
Chandrasekar

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.