It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Command line adapter Customized Test Execution progress

sumit surwase (152) | asked Sep 07 '20, 6:23 a.m.

Hi All,

I want to execute Test Suite using RQM CLA, and based on each test script execution, I want to increment progress shown in RQM. I have written batch script which will update qm_ExecutionPropertiesFile variable. 

For E.g.
echo progress=20 >>  "%qm_ExecutionPropertiesFile%"
echo comment= Test started  >>  "%qm_ExecutionPropertiesFile%"

When The Automated test script starts executing then I want progress as 20% "Test started" and when end it 90% "Test Finished"

There are two problems I am facing.

1. Sometimes I have seen only "Test started" message on RQM screen and test passes but it doesn't shown "Test Finished" progress.

I am suspecting that Test exited before next cycle to read execution property file start.
I want to know how frequently CLA reads property file and is it customizable.

2. The another problem is suppose My test suite is having 10 test cases for execution. I want to show progress after completion of every test case, like for 1st test case 10% 2nd test case 20%..

My test case framework anyway is not aware of how many test scripts are under execution by CLA so I can't customize progress status from Test framework.

Is there any way in CLA to knows how many test scripts are under execution and which can be retrieve by execution variable from Test Framework.

Please guide me.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Subhajit Bhuiya (6222) | answered Sep 15 '20, 6:49 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

1. Refresh happens every 5 seconds. After 5 seconds CLA sends updates to RQM /ETM server which will be shown in the UI.
2. Set the weight of each test case same. Then the progress bar will show the progress 10% after 1st test case is done , 20% after 2nd test case is done. You can see the progress bar in the test suite editor itself.

sumit surwase selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.