It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to filter test plan

Sudarshan M (107121) | asked Sep 02 '20, 6:32 a.m.

I have multiple types of test plans in RQM. These plans can be distinguished based on the initial few characters in the plan name. I have integrated RPE template for generation of reports from the project. When I run the report the window contains all the plans which becomes a large list for the user for selection. Is it possible to filter the list based on some regular expression or some editable list to filter the list? If yes, how to achieve this.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k15) | answered Sep 02 '20, 11:30 a.m.
Are you referring to "Select Value" modal to select a test plan? The entries here are based on the Request URL and Display values for the data source in RPE template (right click and choose Edit Configuration Metadata... in RPE Studio).
For example:
Identifier: feed/entry/id
Display: feed/entry/title
Request URL: ${public}/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/${projectAreaUUID}/testplan?fields=feed/entry/content/testplan[title='${userInput}']/*&wildcard=*
will result in the following window:

You can enter search text with wild card so as to filter the test plans.

As you cannot use variables while configuring metadata, you cannot filter out the entries automatically.

Sudarshan M selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sudarshan M commented Sep 21 '20, 1:58 a.m.

Hi Subramanya,

As suggested by you I am able to get the list but when I open the report, initially all plans are listed as * is being used. I just wanted to know that is it possible to have the filtered list at the startup of report itself. Like if I have multiple plans starting with DEV_A, DEV_B, DEV_C and so on, then if I put DEV_* initially in template then on opening the report it should show only these plans and no other plans.

One other answer

permanent link
Loudest Soul (11) | answered Sep 02 '20, 12:13 p.m.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.