It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to get the outgoing change sets/incoming change sets of a components that exist in two different servers?

Raj Kumar (21216) | asked Sep 01 '20, 7:00 a.m.

I have stuck in a scenario, where two different streams are available in two different servers but the components are same in both the streams and we want to compare these components. We are trying to get the outgoing change sets/incoming change sets of it but we fail to get those changes.

Example:
Suppose we have two servers:  02-d and 02-t

02-d has a stream called “A” and 02-t has stream called “B

Stream “A” has components called compA also Stream “B” has components called compA

How to get the outgoing change sets/incoming change sets for two different servers?

3 answers

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Sep 02 '20, 12:02 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Right click on the component in the Team Artifacts view, Compare With -> Another Repository Workspace or Stream... which will bring up the selection dialog. At the bottom of the dialog select the Use another repository option and select the second repository. Search for your stream in the other repository and choose OK.

permanent link
Raj Kumar (21216) | answered Sep 02 '20, 1:15 a.m.
edited Sep 02 '20, 1:24 a.m.

Sorry I forgot to mention the background.

As part of one requirement, I am developing a Jenkins plugin which will compare the streams for same server and cross server as well.

In the same server if a components exist in two different streams we are able to compare and get the incoming and outgoing change set whereas when we compare the components that is in different sever we are not able to fetch the outgoing and incoming change sets

So I need hint here for implementation.

The above suggested answer is fit for eclipse IDE, by the way thank you for your quick response

Comments
Shashikant Padur commented Sep 02 '20, 7:40 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Are you using scm commands in your jenkins plugin? If so, then you can run the following command: scm compare stream streamA@repo1 stream streamB@repo2 -c compA
Note: you should be logged into both the repositories before running this command.

permanent link
Raj Kumar (21216) | answered Sep 03 '20, 12:06 a.m.

I am not using any commands on Jenkins. I am only taking the user input(like Server Url and stream/workspace name) from the Jenkins UI

Comments
Shashikant Padur commented Sep 03 '20, 12:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Sorry, I am not familiar with it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.