It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get the history of the baseline like the name change

Pavithra Nagaraj (132) | asked Aug 14 '20, 8:24 a.m.
how can i see the history of the baseline name which is changed over the period of time.

Ex: IF i say i have a
                  Baseline Id- 50
                Baseline Name - abc
  after 2 months a random user comes and change the baseline name to - xyz
you cannot even know who was the user who had renamed the baseline name.

Currently in RTC i don't find this change what happened from abc --> xyz this information is missing.

Is there any way that i could get this information?

Comments
Manoj Panda commented Aug 24 '20, 8:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,
 You can create a baseline query to know who created the baseline. Now for your 2nd question, you can remove the permission to modify the baseline name.

Pavithra Nagaraj commented Aug 24 '20, 8:20 a.m.
Hi Manoj,

Thanks for the response.
But the highest priority would be how to get the old baseline name ?
This is what we are very much interested to know.

Manoj Panda commented Aug 24 '20, 11:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

There is a way, have you explore with "added by"  and  "created by" attribute? if the BL created by user1 and applied which is different than if the user2 renamed the same baseline and applied. But yes, you may not get the earlier BL name because of rename.

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Sep 01 '20, 6:48 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There currently is no UI in the product to show the history of a baseline (ex: It's previous names). You can submit an RFE/Enhancement if you like.

Note: It is possible to write your own plain-Java plugin to get this information. com.ibm.team.scm.common.IBaseline extends IAuditable, which means you can get the previous states of this item from the server (and then your code could extract all previous names, and who made the change, etc.)
Pavithra Nagaraj selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Pavithra Nagaraj commented Sep 01 '20, 7:08 a.m.
Hello David,

Thanks for the response.
Yes we would be creating this request for RFE.
And it is great that we could fetch this info from java api about the previous names & who made this change.

Once again thank you.

One other answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Aug 24 '20, 12:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Currently I do not believe there is a way to find out who changed the baseline name but you can do the following:
Go to the project area and remove the permission to modify a baseline name/description. You can also assign a role to allow renaming of baselines and only those users having the role would be able to rename the baseline.

Comments
Pavithra Nagaraj commented Aug 24 '20, 8:41 a.m.
Hi Shashikant,

Thanks for the response.
But the highest priority would be how to get the old baseline name ?
This is what we are very much interested to know.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.