It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

invalid_consumer_key during OAuth authentication

anuraag kb (917) | asked Aug 11 '20, 7:30 a.m.
edited Aug 13 '20, 11:32 p.m. by Muralidhar Rajagopal (10114)

Following the doc https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/AppSdkDelegatingAuth we registered our OAuth consumer and generated the consumer key and set the consumer secret.

When we trigger GET/POST request for retrieving the request token from URL <ETMServer>/qm/oauth-request-token  we always get back 401 response and with the message as oauth_problem="invalid_consumer_key"

The authorization header we used in the request is :
OAuth oauth_consumer_key="<key>",oauth_signature_method="HMAC-SHA1",oauth_timestamp="1597144598",oauth_nonce="ODNWiPkZd03",oauth_version="1.0",oauth_signature="xrO2BxhlAWcvVtgCB9qJEQIliKs%3D"

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Aug 11 '20, 10:34 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Not sure, i would start here: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/NativeClientAuthentication . Depends on what you are doing.

anuraag kb commented Aug 11 '20, 1:55 p.m.

Hi Ralph,

Our plan is to use OAuth mechanism for authentication involved in custom adapter development. If you could kindly review our issue we posted above with your team.

Thanks.

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 12 '20, 2:42 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Outside of the realm of my experience. sorry.

One answer

permanent link
abhishek gour (3812) | answered Nov 24 '20, 12:13 a.m.
Hi,
I assume this question is related with ETM specific custom adapter.

Are you trying to let your adapter connect to JTS directly for authentication? Or you are trying to connect to other application? Why do you need to perform a separate OAuth Authentication for your custom adapter?

ETM provides Adapter Library, which support certain authentication types.

Do you want to by pass Adapter Library authentication options?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.