It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to search keyword in Summmary part of each Test Plan

Thao Nguyen (37334) | asked Aug 10 '20, 10:32 p.m.

Hello,

We have several Quality Management (QM) test plans, inside each test plan, we add important information in Summary section. It contains changes of software through many iterations and our proposed test case to cover them

We have a need to have search one specific keyword across these test plan, for example: search for changes about updating API X,... so in coming product with this exact change (update in API X), we have something to start from

Could you advise how to perform above purpose?

2 answers

permanent link
Krupa Gunhalkar (4512) | answered Aug 17 '20, 4:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Thao,

If I understand your query correctly,
You may have say 10 test plans and each test plan might have some unique keyword( text in the form of words which may be completely unique from each other or something in common).

For example each test plan might have text as below in summary section :

TP1 : London
TP2 : Europe
TP3 : North America
TP4 : South America

Anywhere on the QM project area if you search using the keywords as below,
London : TP1 will be listed.
Europe : TP2 will be listed
America : TP3 and TP4 will be listed.

Hope this helps,
Krupa Gunhalkar

Comments
Thao Nguyen commented Aug 17 '20, 9:14 p.m. | edited Aug 17 '20, 10:05 p.m.

Thanks Krupa, it is what I mean. 

At QM, Planning tab, Browse Test Plan, I see there are 2 textboxes which allows searching
- One textbox (Textbox 1): on top right, above the table grid a bit
- One textbox (Textbox 2): on most top right, above textbox 1, below "Setting" icon

Type one keyword in Textbox 2, QM can return result containing that keyword, ranging from test plan to Test Case Execution Record
It returns table with columns: Score, Type, Id, Name

Same keyword typing on textbox 1, QM does not show any results

I have some comments
1. Can results be filter with type like: result appears in Test Plan, Test Case Execution Record,..At the moment, it just alow sorting: Ascending, Descending
2. Look like Textbox 1 does not work?

P/S: I use QM 6.0.6 iFix011 with Global Configuration enabled

permanent link
Jaime de Alba (211) | answered Aug 14 '20, 12:33 p.m.

I am not sure if you refer to the summary that contains the artifact's categories. Those categories are enum values and can not be filtered by a specific keyword. You can prepare a query by selecting the predefined values you need for the required categories. 

If you feel it is feature that should be added to qm you can also rise an enhancement in order to have dev team reviewing its addition.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.