It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why do we get "Error in engine Invalid output state" sometimes when running RPE Report for DNG?

Nawaz Sheikh (113) | asked Aug 09 '20, 2:27 a.m.

Sometimes i get this error i.e. "Error in engine Invalid output state" and sometimes report gets generated successfully for the same template and connection in RPE Document Builder.

What could be the reason for this and can we debug?

And its a huge report and hence it's hard for me to debug as this error occurs sometimes and again if i try to re-generate, it generates the report successfully.

Please help me in this.

TIA,
Nawaz

One answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k15) | answered Aug 18 '20, 1:52 a.m.
edited Aug 18 '20, 1:54 a.m.

Looks like data requests are sporadically rejected by DNG server. There is option/setting in Launcher/Document Builder to retry data connection. Can you set the metadata properties ("data request retry count" and "data request retry interval") meant for controlling the retry behavior) and check if that works?

data request retry count – the number of times to retry a failed request. Default value is 0, you can change it to 3 or >3.
data request retry interval – the time ( in milliseconds) to wait between 2 consecutive retries.  Ignored if data request retry count is 0. You can set it to 3000.

Comments
Nawaz Sheikh commented Aug 19 '20, 5:34 a.m.

Hello Prasad,

Thanks for your response.

Yes i have set the "data request retry count"  as 3 and also "data request retry interval" as 3000.

But still i see the same problem i.e. error occurs on occasion 

Regards,
Nawaz

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Aug 20 '20, 1:43 a.m.
Hi Nawaz,
This needs to be investigated. Meanwhile, you can consider disabling fast authentication or increasing data request retry count in RPE as possible workarounds.
Regards,
Prasad

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.