It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Change in behavior in the handling of HTML based report type attachments to the Test Execution Result in ETM 7.0 compared to its behavior in RQM 6.x

Abhishek Ahuja (1111) | asked Aug 06 '20, 6:35 a.m.

Hi,

I see a change in behavior in the handling of HTML based report type attachments to the Test Execution Result in ETM 7.0 compared to its behavior in RQM 6.x.

In both cases, the uploaded HTML based report from the adapter appears as a link with the provided name in the Test Case Execution Result view in RQM/ETM. In 6.x, when I click on the link, it opens the report up in another tab in the browser and renders all the images within correctly. 

However, starting with 7.x, when the user clicks on the attached HTML report link, instead of opening the report in a tab, it gets downloaded to the local machine. This is not the expected the behavior since when the report was uploaded, it was uploaded with a Content-Type of text/html to be associated with the resource. 

It appears as if the associated Content-Type is being ignored.

Thanks

4 answers

permanent link
Abhishek Ahuja (1111) | answered Aug 12 '20, 4:59 a.m.

Hi Abhishek,

The click on the link downloads only the html file, however it doesnot download the related images/js/css files that arereferences from html. Do I need to change anything to ensure that these files are also included as part of the download?

Regards,
Abhishek

Comments
abhishek gour commented Aug 12 '20, 5:08 a.m.
Abhishek -
After enabling option "Open attachments in test results directly, without prompting users to open or save them" are your HTML attachment not opening in the new tab as it was happening earlier? Are you seeing some different behavior than what you used to get pre 7.0?
The purpose of this option is to let attachment behaves same way as it was pre-7.0 releases.

Abhishek Ahuja commented Aug 12 '20, 5:20 a.m.

Abhishek, With the setting you mentioned, it behaves the same way as till RQM 606(this issue shows up from 6061 till latest). I was just wondering if there is a way to avoid this setting and be able to view the html file.

abhishek gour commented Aug 12 '20, 5:42 a.m.
Hi Abhishek-
As mentioned in the first response - This was done to secure malicious attachment uploaded via ETM UI.
All the Attachments uploaded via ETM UI are still confirmed from users and do not get opened in new tabs.
How ever, for Adapter and third party clients using Attachments Service from ETM to upload the attachments, this new option is provided. This provide an option to Administrator of project area to choose how do they want to handle attachment created via third party clients or adapters.

I hope this answers your question and concern.

Abhishek Ahuja commented Aug 12 '20, 5:45 a.m.

Thanks for the info Abhishek 

permanent link
Abhishek Ahuja (1111) | answered Aug 12 '20, 4:59 a.m.

Hi Abhishek,

The click on the link downloads only the html file, however it doesnot download the related images/js/css files that arereferences from html. Do I need to change anything to ensure that these files are also included as part of the download?

Regards,
Abhishek

permanent link
Abhishek Ahuja (1111) | answered Aug 12 '20, 4:26 a.m.

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for that info. I will try and comback.

Thanks.

permanent link
abhishek gour (3812) | answered Aug 12 '20, 3:35 a.m.
Hi Abhishek,
Yes there were some changes on the way downloads are handled in HTML based reports by ETM due to security concerns. 
As a result of Malicious html executed when clicked from attachments (178993) delivered in 6061, all the attachment when clicked ( even from execution result page ) were asked for prompt and attachments were downloaded.

We realized that Third party Adapters were affected due to this change, as Adapter Library uses same service to upload attachment to Execution Results. ( I hope you are using Adapter Library to upload your attachment to your results ).

How ever, this issue was fixed by another defect ( ETM 7.0) in Attachments on test case results created by a command-line script do not open in a new tab (181468). As result of this fix, we have provided mechanism to let Project Admin decide if attachments coming from Adapter Library (or other Third Party clients) should be allowed to get opened directly in new tabs.
For this you could go to ETM > Manage Project Properties > Test Result Preference > "Open attachments in test results directly, without prompting users to open or save them".
You could try with keeping this option enabled. That should work for you. Please note, if these attachments for any reason are created via UI, then enabling this option would also not work.

Thanks,
Abhishek

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.