It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to acess email id and user name of users in RTC using server side api or script

Pallavi Deore (38141) | asked Aug 04 '20, 5:14 a.m.

Hello Everyone,

I am using RTC 606.1
I have to access user name and email id of users using server side api or with scripts.
Is it possible to access and update email id and user name of user in customer attributes.
Kindly provide me the api to access username and email id of users.

Thanks in advanced
Pallavi Deore

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 04 '20, 5:55 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 04 '20, 5:56 a.m.
There is no supported JavaScript API for that.
In the Java APIs you get the com.ibm.team.repository.common.IContributor interface and can access that information. Usually you use the com.ibm.team.repository.client.IContributorManager to locate the user, or you get a IContributorHandle and resolve that. The IContributorManager can be accessed from the ITeamRepository object in the client API.

Comments
Pallavi Deore commented Aug 05 '20, 9:43 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

Is there any server side api for this requirements. 

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 05 '20, 9:58 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

permanent link
Davyd Norris (2.2k217) | answered Aug 05 '20, 6:40 p.m.
There are several ways to do this, but are you looking for the details of all users or just the current logged in user?

For the current logged in user you can use the following:

dojo.require("com.ibm.team.repository.web.client.session.Session"); 
  var loggedInUser = com.ibm.team.repository.web.client.session.getAuthenticatedContributor();

This will return an object containing details of the currently logged in user. There are also several other methods on the com.ibm.team.repository.web.client.session object that return subsets of this information.

For all users, you need to use the OSLC API for the application and project area you're working with - you have to be very careful with filtering so that you don't cause performance problems.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.