It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Migrating test artifacts: discovering matching artifact id for id in embedded image in test step

Stefan Schmelz (571821) | asked Jul 29 '20, 3:50 p.m.
I am trying to migrate test artifacts from instance A to instance B. The process is to download all test artifact xml representations off instance A, then "massage" them a little and re-import them in the target environment in instance B.
Rebuilding the links between the artifacts seems doable, however as i have embedded images in the test script steps (description or expected results) I struggle, as in the xml of the test scripts, i find attachment IDs in the form of e.g.  https://clm4.local/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.planning.service.internal.rest.IAttachmentRestService/_Z6jXEMXxEeqowNokGfz2UA, but in the attachment feed, they come as e.g. https://clm4.local/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/CT-EB_QM/attachment/urn:com.ibm.rqm:attachment:156.
Both denote the same attachment, but I cannot find the key to match them using REST.
Anyone, who can enlighten me...?

Thanks in advance..
Stefan

One answer

permanent link
Subhajit Bhuiya (6222) | answered Jul 30 '20, 4:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Comments
Stefan Schmelz commented Jul 30 '20, 4:50 a.m.

Thank you Subhajit for your answer.
I could use the copy utility, however the intention had been to not just copy and paste, but also have some transformations between instance A and B, hence the attempt to use a custom implementation and the need to match the internal id to a publicly available one, or the question, which service provides the match programmatically.

Stefan Schmelz commented Jul 31 '20, 11:26 a.m.

Unfortunately also the copy utility does not handle my use case correctly, as images embedded in a text (e.g. in a test step expected result) are not migrated. Clicking on the  image in the destination tries to open the orginal location.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.