It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why are roles and permissions not part of a custom RM project in DNG?

Ravi Gollapudi (37118) | asked Jul 28 '20, 12:57 p.m.
I have worked a lot on a project updating roles and permissions on each artifact type and attributes and everything, before creating a new RM project template.

When I created a new production project from the template, I am surprised and also disappointed to see the custom roles and permissions are not created from the template.

I tried exporting process description from my template project and importing to the production project. After refresh, I am not able to see the custom roles and permissions.

Is this a limitation in the DNG tool or am I missing something?

Please guide me here. I am using ELM version 6.0.6.3 for DOORS.

TIA

One answer

permanent link
Diana Kraaijeveld (56227) | answered Jul 30 '20, 4:49 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Ravi,

When you create a template from a project, it will only include the type system properties (types, attributes, etc). So this is the data that you see in your project properties. And it can include artifacts, folders, artifact templates etc.
But it will not include your 'process' properties (so what is defined in the project area properties).

What you can try is the following:
-  Open the project area properties from which you created your template (lets say this is your 'master' project).
- Tic the checkbox "Allow other project areas to use the process configuration from this project area" and save.
- Now when you create your new 'child' project area, you select "Use the process configuration from another project area for this project area" and select your 'master' project.
- Then you save your project and apply the project template.
Now review the permissions section of your child project.

I think there are some restrictions like this 'working as designed' defect for example:

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.