It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM custom adapter development

anuraag kb (917) | asked Jul 24 '20, 4:37 p.m.

Hi,

Am working on custom adapter development taking help of the information from https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMTestAutomationAdapterAPI

When we create a test script in RQM, the adapter Type dropdown list contains options like Command Line, Rational Functional Tester, Manual, etc. And on selecting any of the value in the list, the UI changes accordingly and prompts user to input the Script details. 

I want to develop similar custom UI for my adapter. Can anybody provide me the API link that guides us in development of such custom UI.

Thanks in advance.

Comments
Ashish Mathur commented Jul 28 '20, 12:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Subhajit,

Trust you are doing well and staying safe during the lockdown.

I assume there is an RDF document that we can create where we can describe the adapter and its attributes, functions etc and install it into an ETM installation rather than manually setting it up for each instance. What is a typical way of installing a custom adapter into an RQM installation ?

The location in Project Area Admin that you point to can take manual entries but we couldn't find a way to upload a document that describes this new adapter.

Regards,

Ashish 

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jul 30 '20, 7:57 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

permanent link
Subhajit Bhuiya (6222) | answered Jul 28 '20, 2:13 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Ashish, Anurag,

There are 2 kinds of execution adapter.
  1. OSLC based adapter - Sample available under public Lyo project. https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMTestAutomationAdapterAPI has instruction for it
  2. Reportable Rest API based adapter using adapter library. Like RFT adapter.
Which adapter are you referring?

Comments
Ashish Mathur commented Jul 28 '20, 2:23 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Subhajit,

I believe we are looking for your recommendation. The other end of the integration will be a server based application that is capable of executing automated tests and not a desktop based tool.

permanent link
Subhajit Bhuiya (6222) | answered Jul 27 '20, 1:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Go to Project Area Administration -> Test Artifacts -> Custom Execution Adapter Types. There user can define Input Parameter for the custom script. Based on that, UI will render those parameters.

Comments
anuraag kb commented Jul 27 '20, 2:42 a.m.

We need the UI parameters to be shown without manually adding them. I mean suppose if we select the Type as Rational Functional Tester in the script, the input parameters get populated automatically. 

Can this be done for custom adapter as well..?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.