It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how can I create custom module specific unique identifier to use permenantly with a DNG artifact?

Ravi Gollapudi (37117) | asked Jul 21 '20, 11:03 a.m.
Hi,

It's an urgent request, any help is appreciated.

I see there are number of similar questions in the form, but I am not able to see a solution. So I am posting my question here. I am using DNG 6.0.6.3 and RPE 6.0.6.

My project ABC has modules Mod1 and Mod2. I want to use module specific unique identifiers which start at 1 (and automatically increment for the modules) like ABC_Mod1_1, ABC_Mod2_1 and so on.

I am also thinking, if I can create a dynamic attribute to generate the module specific identifier using the system generated identifier like ABC_Mod1_12345.

Can the experts comment on the possibility on my need and the way?

TIA
-Ravi

One answer

permanent link
Adrian Haw (2641041) | answered Jul 30 '20, 4:03 a.m.
Hi Ravi

This is a question many people coming from DOORS 9 to NG have. DNG is just architected differently (you can include an artifact into more than 1 module) so a module prefix doesn't make sense.

If it is just for export using RPE then create a module attribute and call it something inventive like "Module Prefix" and use this string to hold a module-specific tag. In the RPE template, prefix this attribute onto the Artifact ID when exporting to Word, PDF, etc.and you can perhaps satisfy your use-case.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.