It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I make an attribute value of an existing artifact as a new artifact of the same type in DNG?

Ravi Gollapudi (37118) | asked Jul 07 '20, 1:56 p.m.
I have an artifact 1 of type A with attributes Att1, Att2 and Att3 in the base artifacts.

Now, I want to automatically create three different artifacts with Att1, Att2 and Att3 values as contents respectively.

If it is possible, then I want to use those three artifacts in a module template.

I am not sure if this is possible at all, but want to get an opinion.

TIA
-Ravi

One answer

permanent link
Carol Watson (71016) | answered Jul 07 '20, 2:33 p.m.

Hi Ravi,

This might work...

Create a Module and use "insert existing artifacts" to add those three artifacts to the new module.

Then select Create Artifact Template.  If you want to re-use those same artifacts for your template, select the option "Duplicate no Artifacts".  Every time the template is used those same artifacts will appear.  If you instead want to duplicate those artifacts (with a new ID) when the Template is used select the option to "Duplicate all artifacts".

Regards,
Carol

Comments
Ravi Gollapudi commented Jul 08 '20, 2:32 a.m.
Hi Carol,
Thanks for your answer. I think I haven't asked my question clearly. I want to understand if I can automatically create new artifacts of a particular type from attribute values of another artifact of the same type.
Eg., I want to create 3 new requirements from the attribute values of another requirement, but the content of each new requirement should be a copy of attribute values.

Again, I am not sure if this is possible at all. Please comment.

-Ravi

Carol Watson commented Jul 08 '20, 9:17 a.m.

Hi Ravi,

I'm afraid I'm not aware of a way to do what you're describing.  Hopefully someone else might know and chime in.

Regards,
Carol

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.