It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Team area attribute dependent on Filed against

sreenath v (7863) | asked Jul 07 '20, 8:29 a.m.
Hi,

Now when i select the filed attribute automatically team area (read only) is changing.Can i set this dependent on a custom attribute which is kind on category?

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jul 07 '20, 11:39 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

No, the team area is not an attribute it is calculated from the category. (Filed against).

I think you can create a custom attribute of type process area and set that based on another attribute. 

Comments
sreenath v commented Jul 07 '20, 11:57 a.m.

so if i create a custom attribute of kind category and  not using the default filed against will it comes under Team area.?

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jul 07 '20, 2:40 p.m.

The computation of the team area is a hard-wired calculation that depends on the category (filed against), the Planned-For iteration, and the current mapping of category/timeline to team areas.   "Hard wired" means that you cannot change or modify this calculation.   Ralph's point is that if you want some custom process-area valued property that you have invented to depend on some other attribute, then you can do that, but you cannot affect the computation that determines out-of-the-box Team-Area property.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 07 '20, 2:58 p.m.

Thanks, Geoff.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.