It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Differences between rational team concert web version versus client version?

steve andrews (112) | asked Jul 06 '20, 6:49 p.m.
edited Jul 06 '20, 6:54 p.m.

Is there somewhere on your site that captures the differences between Rational Team Concert web version and the client version?  Your help is appreciated.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 08 '20, 9:50 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 08 '20, 9:51 a.m.
Hi Steve,

I do not think there is such a documentation for the differences. There are also several clients.
If we talk about the RTC Eclipse client, it supports all work item, SCM and Build operations. It supports the administration of the project area.

The project area administration in the Eclipse client has some capabilities that the Web UI does not have. The Administration pages for project areas in the Web UI have almost all capabilities the Eclipse client has plus some new administration settings not available in the Eclipse client.

The Web UI does support work item planning, the Eclipse client does not.

The Web UI supports some rich text work item features the RTC client does not.

The Web UI supports SCM and Build only partially. Recent releases have added more, but it is not yet complete ass far as I can tell.

The Web UI supports server administration which the RTC client does not support.

This is all I can say at this generalization level. And I do not intend to dig up all the details. 8)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.