It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

custom attribute enumeration values

Attila Mate (7184) | asked Nov 16 '09, 7:14 a.m.
Hi,

I'd like to programatically extend a custom attribute enumeration values. Does anyone have a hint how to do that? I found information how to find out possible values of a custom enumeration (using resolveEnumeration), but not adding new possible values to that enumeration. Do I have to modify the process template?

Thanks in advance,
Attila

2 answers

permanent link
Attila Mate (7184) | answered Nov 17 '09, 4:37 a.m.
Hi Marcel,

We do not provide API for that and it is not very easy to do it. You would have to modify the process specification source, adding an enumeration literal in the right place.

After a bit of search I was thinking the same (modify the process specification source) and I'm almost done with it, I just need to save the modified process specification content (with which I'm having trouble right now, but I've found forum entries which may help, I'll see..).

Can you please describe your scenario in more detail? Maybe the https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/AttributeValueProviders mechanism could be an alternative to modifying the enumeration directly.

Our scenario: we were using CC/CQ (UCM), and we are migrating to RTC. In CQ we had a schema we used for tracking time expenditures, and we couldn't replicate it in RTC. Not only because of this reason but we've decided to create a small application for time tracking and other purposes. I'm responsible for synchronizing data between this application and RTC (work items, users, project areas, etc.). In this application there's an entity called Agreement, which is an agreement between us and our client (like a contract). All work items in RTC has a mandatory custom attribute Cost Owner (meaning all work items must be filed against an agreement/contract), and the value set for each project area's Cost Owner is basically a database query (server call) from this time tracking application (give Agreement codes for a given Project). Of course Agreement has a lot of attributes and it's own life cycle, so RTC cannot be the data owner in this scenario - I need to set values of a custom attribute enumeration.

I've checked mechanism you mentioned, it looks promising, unfortunately I need to use Java (Write Providers in Java: :) ), and we're not using RTC 2.0.0.2 yet.

Best Regards,
Attila

permanent link
Marcel Bihr, Jazz Work Item team (1.4k) | answered Nov 17 '09, 3:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi
We do not provide API for that and it is not very easy to do it. You would have to modify the process specification source, adding an enumeration literal in the right place.
Can you please describe your scenario in more detail? Maybe the https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/AttributeValueProviders mechanism could be an alternative to modifying the enumeration directly.

Regards

Marcel
Jazz Work Item team

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.