It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I group attributes in a single view of a DNG module?

Ravi Gollapudi (37117) | asked Jun 30 '20, 9:32 a.m.
Hello,
I am developing templates for some artifact types in DNG and came across a couple of artifact types with many attributes in the same module.  I have couple of questions in this scenario.

1. Is there a way to form groups of attributes for improved usability, so that I can collapse some groups when editing a particular type of artifact ?

2. When I select a value of an attribute of an artifact, is there a way to hide or grey out other attributes based on the selected value ?

Thanks,
Ravi

One answer

permanent link
Carol Watson (71015) | answered Jun 30 '20, 9:41 a.m.

Hi Ravi,

We use quite a few Artifact types in some Modules, all of which have a different set of Attributes, so I think I'm following your question. The only way I've found is to create a separate View that shows only the attributes for that particular Artifact Type. Not ideal, but when entering a volume of artifacts it can make it a bit faster. It only is helpful though if you're doing a chunk of artifacts of a particular type all at the same time.

Regards,
Carol

Comments
Ravi Gollapudi commented Jun 30 '20, 9:48 a.m.
Hi Carol,
You are correct. I also feel views are more useful from a specific purpose like Systems Review, Status, etc where you apply filters and do the attributes.
I will update this question if there is a solution.
Best regards,
Ravi

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.