It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to create multiple independent streams in DOORS Next Generation and Quality Management

Ian Dunn (1318) | asked Jun 30 '20, 4:41 a.m.

I have been able to find a way to create multiple streams that branch off from an existing stream in DOORS Next Generation.

How do I create multiple streams in DOORS Next Generation, and within Quality Manager, in which each stream has no artefacts in common

Note configuration management has been enabled in this project

One answer

permanent link
Ian Barnard (1.9k613) | answered Jun 30 '20, 10:31 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 30 '20, 10:43 a.m.

Hi Ian

Bearing in mind that with this approach you can't ever create links between artifacts in different streams, you could "solve" your question by within one component create the streams then in each stream create the artifact you want to be grouped together.

But not being able to link is a major limitation: much better, and allowing linking, you should create a component for each group of requirements, then put the streams you want to link into Global Configurations and you can link.

HTH
Ian

Comments
Ian Dunn commented Jul 02 '20, 2:12 a.m.

The problem I am having is that after I created a component and tried to add a DOORS Next Generation stream by using "Add Configuration", the only streams I can create are derived from the initial stream that was created in DOORS Next Generation

How do I create a completely new DOORS Next Generation stream that I can add via Global Configuration ? 

Ian Barnard commented Jul 03 '20, 11:08 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Ian

> How do I create a completely new DOORS Next Generation stream

You can't create another independent stream within a component - a component has one initial stream and all streams in the component derive from that.

The solution to your problem is to create a component for each independent stream..

Regards
Ian

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.