It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Multiple Streams checkout using jenkins pipeline

Rakesh A (33430) | asked Jun 23 '20, 1:31 a.m.
edited Jun 23 '20, 1:31 a.m.
Hello,
     I want to check out 4 streams / workpsaces to one folder using Jenkins pipeline job. I am able to execute this in freestyle job using 'multiple scm' plugin. But how can this be done in Pipeline job ?

Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Lakshmi Narasimhan T V (4415) | answered Jun 24 '20, 1:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Rakesh,

You can use checkout steps any number of times in a pipeline job. You can also set poll:true or poll:false to disable polling for certain streams. Have you tried multiple checkout steps in the pipeline job?

Comments
Rakesh A commented Jun 24 '20, 2:39 a.m.
Hi Lakshmi,
        I have not tried multiple checkout steps in the pipeline job. Could you please let me know which plugin I need to install to enable this feature (or) what is the name of the step in pipeline.

Thanks!

Lakshmi Narasimhan T V commented Jun 24 '20, 10:56 a.m. | edited Jun 24 '20, 10:59 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can use the Pipeline snippet generator to generate the checkout snippet.  Please read the section "Generating Pipeline Snippet for Team Concert Plugin from Snippet Generator" in https://plugins.jenkins.io/teamconcert help doc.

Rakesh A commented Jun 29 '20, 5:22 a.m. | edited Jun 29 '20, 5:28 a.m.
Basically I am using 'Parallel' keyword in my pipeline script.
But I want to checkout multiple streams / workspace in parallel. I can trigger a job in Jenkins But I need a build trigger from Client hence I use build definition.
How can I configure multiple workspace & trigger build. I see only one workspace can be  mapped (in source control per build definition). is this not possible via build definition ?

Lakshmi Narasimhan T V commented Jun 29 '20, 5:49 a.m. | edited Jun 29 '20, 5:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You cannot configure multiple workspaces in a build definition. You can have one checkout step for build definition and have the rest of the checkout steps use stream/repository workspace

Tip: You can link a RTC Build definition to a Jenkins job, but you don't have link the job back to the build definition through a checkout step, if your goal is to only trigger a Jenkins build from RTC and not track snapshot in the RTC build result. You can always push snapshot back to the RTC build result using ant tasks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.