It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to set JSON Output true in preferences.properties file of RTC 201

Pallavi Deore (38141) | asked Jun 18 '20, 1:32 a.m.

Hello Everyone,

I set JSON output true in my RTC local server version 606 but same I have to do in RTC 201 for our client.
Client using windows machine, How to set that value as I am not getting the jazz-scm folder in path C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local
So I wanted to know is their any other location in RTC 201 where this preferences.properties file resides or Any idea when this jazz-scm folder created in Appdata/local folder.

I tried to run command scm –config /path/to/other/location to generate the preferences.properties in client windows machine by specifing its machine path but it gives error 
Malformed Option:
Malformed command-line option "-config"

Kindly help me

Regards
Pallavi Deore

One answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Jun 18 '20, 5:08 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
By default, the config folder is at C:\Users\<logged in user>\AppData\Local\jazz-scm. It should have been the same in RTC 201. Do you see any .jazz-scm folder instead of jazz-scm? Also, are you trying to use RTC 201 client against a RTC 606 server? The supported configuration is only n-1. For 606 server the supported client would be RTC 5.x.

Couple of other observations:
1) When you specify --config that becomes the current config location. Note the double dash infront the option rather than a single dash in your example.
2) I believe the json output setting in scm cli was introduced in RTC 4.x onwards.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.