It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I determine why a report is failing when the console provides no additional information?

Joseph McCreless (112) | asked Jun 01 '20, 11:38 a.m.

I have a report that looks at RM artifacts and reports on linked elements in both RM and DM. The current version of this report fails with the following information:

CRRPE1064I Error in engine

null

CRRPE3012E IBM Rational Publishing Engine error.
CRRPE1064I Aborting engine execution...

This does not appear to provide me with any information on what the problem is, so I don't know where to start to solve it. How can I determine what this means? This report only fails once I am trying to report on the linked element. I can report some metadata on the link successfully.

One answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k15) | answered Jun 02 '20, 3:18 a.m.
Hi Joseph,
This should be the case when the URL is not accessible. Can you check if every RM artifact has linked element? You can use a condition (on the container that includes Data Source Configuration element to check if link/href attribute is non blank and valid) before using it in URI property.

Comments
Joseph McCreless commented Jun 02 '20, 3:40 p.m.

Thank you, that makes sense. I will try and figure out how to craft a filter to accept only valid URIs. And no, every RM artifact does not have a linked element.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.