It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why does my DM-based report fail with no error cited?

Joseph McCreless (112) | asked May 26 '20, 11:36 a.m.

I have a few different RPE templates that report on Design Manager Rhapsody models. These templates work fine when reporting on some models, but when reporting on other models, the reports will fail when they encounter certain elements, but there is no error message that I can find when examining the RPE Launcher console. An example from that is below:

Accept:application/xml
Configuration-Context:
Link: <http://jazz.net/ns/profile#POX>; rel="profile"=C:\Users\MCCREL~1\AppData\Local\Temp\RPE\temp\url_a60aa63f-4b7c-4d55-b788-b7f743f2b08d.tmp 
CRRPE1022I The process was completed in 363.655 seconds.
CRRPE1023E The document could not be generated.

Is there anyway to findout why the report generation is failing?

One answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered May 27 '20, 1:49 a.m.
edited Jun 05 '20, 12:15 a.m.
Can you confirm if URI is set correctly (and not blank) for the data source? You can see tmp path getting appended after POX Header:
Link: <http://jazz.net/ns/profile#POX>; rel="profile"

Comments
Joseph McCreless commented May 28 '20, 9:48 a.m. | edited May 29 '20, 3:35 p.m.

I am not sure that I understand the question. I am dynamically reconfiguring data sources to get Use Case information, then following its links to RM elements. The template works fine for similarly configured models, but something in this model (I am assuming) causes it to fail with no additional information. I've encountered plenty of other errors that are due to some misconfiguration of URI or passing the wrong type of element to a reconfiguration, but this seems like something else entirely, and RPE is giving me little information to understand what is going wrong.

Joseph McCreless commented May 29 '20, 3:34 p.m.

After further experimentation, I have determined that the report fails when trying to reference the href of the linked object. It fails both when passing that href to a parsing function and simply when trying to print the href in the report. I can print other attributes of the linked object, but not href. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.