It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Making images scalable for Rational Rhapsody reports using the Rational Publishing Engine when outputting to PDF

sreenath v (78167) | asked May 21 '20, 11:38 p.m.

When i try to pull Class diagram which have a lot of operation and generating PDF ouput is coming in blur and Word coming high quality. I have used path.replace(jpg , EMF ) script but not seeing the quality in PDF format.But The sequence diagram i used same logic and getting quality high in pdf report.Why it have different behavior for class diagram and sequence when i used same logic n same pdf report?

One answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered May 22 '20, 3:04 a.m.
If the class diagram is good in Word output and not clear in PDF output, it is an issue. Can you save generated Word output as PDF file and confirm if the diagram is clear in PDF file?

Comments
sreenath v commented May 22 '20, 3:57 a.m.

Ya i have done that .. the generated word i have exported as pdf the image qulity is same as in word means its clear. But the generated pdf by rpe still have unclear. It is observed that when i gave more operation around 15 in class diagram it have issue. 

sreenath v commented May 22 '20, 4:45 a.m.

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented May 22 '20, 6:17 a.m. | edited May 22 '20, 6:21 a.m.
I see the image (1.png) shown clearly in both Word and PDF generated by RPE. Can you confirm if the unclear image is only when EMF is used and not when jpg is used? If so, please provide the EMF file (replace "__JPG__" with "__EMF__" in ClassDiagram path and request the path in browser).
As a workaround, you can use a macro to save Word output as PDF.
Sub Save_to_PDFA()
   ActiveDocument.ExportAsFixedFormat OutputFileName:= _
       Replace(ActiveDocument.FullName, ".doc", ".pdf") , _
       ExportFormat:=wdExportFormatPDF, OpenAfterExport:=False, OptimizeFor:= _
       wdExportOptimizeForPrint, Range:=wdExportAllDocument, Item:= _
       wdExportDocumentContent, IncludeDocProps:=False, KeepIRM:=True, _
       CreateBookmarks:=wdExportCreateNoBookmarks, DocStructureTags:=True, _
       BitmapMissingFonts:=True, UseISO19005_1:=True
End Sub

sreenath v commented May 22 '20, 7:39 a.m.
in the image 1 and 2 (1 is word output and 2 is PDF output image) it is unclear..I have the observation when class diagram is large the only the issue comes else the output is clear.The actual JPG output is always unclear in both output.When i replace JPG with EMF i am getting better quality only in Word.

I have attached the template too.

sreenath v commented May 22 '20, 9:59 a.m. | edited May 22 '20, 10:17 a.m.

Where to use this macro as i am not using any style sheet ?I didn't tried macros till now?Can you help with steps?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.