It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DNG 6.0.6 - Export DNG review comments on module artifacts

Kelly Hoffman (4816) | asked May 18 '20, 6:46 p.m.

Hi All - we're currently on 6.0.6 & planning migration to 7.x in Q3'20.

We are using the DNG Review flow.  We add one or more module artifacts to the DNG Review and then review the module's artifacts in that Rreview.  I need to be able to export each module's artifact's review comments for tracking purposes.  We specifically need to know which Comments are OPEN or RESOLVED.

I have read several requests to add  basic usability features to DNG reviews...so don't expect this to be working in 6.0.6.  However, I absolutely need a solution in 7.x.

What are others doing to track DNG Reviews...other than manually clicking thru & writing down the results in a spreadsheet?

Comments
Kelly Hoffman commented May 20 '20, 6:25 p.m.

Hi Carol - thanks for the quick response.  I was ready to do a dance after I saw your reply. However, the Report doesn't export 'Review Comments'.  We capture 'Review Comments', instead of 'Comments', for (2) reasons.

1. We also Review/Approve baselines as part of our flow, therefore, we cannot add Artifact Comments.
  2. Since there may be multiple review cycles based on milestones, we want the Comments to be associated with the Reviewed Artifact (in the review), and not the artifact itself.  Otherwise, there would be a build-up of resolved review comments in each successive review.
Perhaps, we're misusing 'Review Comments'??
Perhaps, we could still Report out 'Review Comments' with a different report type.

Does anyone know how to Report or Include 'Review Comments' in a "Print Module Table" Report or any other Report that allows Comments to be included?

6 answers

permanent link
Carol Watson (71015) | answered May 20 '20, 1:34 p.m.

Hi Kelly,

We are on 6.0.6 and here's what works pretty well for us.  If you use a View for the Review, then you can Generate a Report for the View (selected from the pencil menu next to the View name).  There's an option to "include comments" in that report. The resulting report does display the status of the comments.  I Resolved one of the comments and left the other open, and it shows their State correctly. The Table version works best, I used Word for the below example.

Hope this helps,

Carol

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k15) | answered May 21 '20, 1:31 p.m.
edited May 22 '20, 2:26 a.m.

You can only include Artifact Comments in "Print Module Table" report, but not review comments.  In DNG, from Reviews page, you can choose "Generate Report for Review", in which you can include comments on review as well as reviewers' comments.

permanent link
Carol Watson (71015) | answered May 21 '20, 1:34 p.m.

Subramanya,

Are you referring to the "Approve/Reject with Comments"  sort of comments?  I tried what you described and those comments did not print?

I'm on 6.0.6 iFix009.

Thanks,
Carol

Comments
Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented May 22 '20, 2:29 a.m. | edited May 22 '20, 2:30 a.m.
Yes. I am using 6.0.6.1, but I don't think something has changed from 6.0.6 to 6.0.6.1.

Carol Watson commented May 22 '20, 9:50 a.m.

Not sure what I was doing wrong but Review Comments printed correctly when I tried again.

Since we use primarily Modules, when a conversation needs to occur on specific artifacts within the module that's under review, we do use the Artifact Comments in addition to the Review Comments, since the latter pertains to the Module artifact.

Carol

permanent link
Shriraam Balasubramanian (4031237) | answered Apr 20 '21, 9:11 a.m.

Hello Carol and Subramanya,

We have difficulty to include the review comments in the report.
Did you find solution for this?

We're using 6.0.6.1

Best regards

Comments
Carol Watson commented Apr 20 '21, 9:17 a.m.

Hi,

Subramanya's  May 22 '20, 2:29 a.m comment worked as described for me.

Thanks,
Carol

permanent link
Shriraam Balasubramanian (4031237) | answered Apr 20 '21, 9:32 a.m.

Hello Carol,

We have some review comments included within the module say X.
When I try to generate report for view, I dont see the review comments on the artifiact level when I export.

Can you please explain clearly?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards

permanent link
Shriraam Balasubramanian (4031237) | answered Apr 20 '21, 10:00 a.m.

It looks like this feature is not implemented curretnly by IBM,

Best regards,
Shriraam

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.