It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RPE - printModuleBook.dta - Target Region - BKM_Author

Glyn Costello (13637) | asked May 18 '20, 12:10 p.m.
 Hi, 

I'm using the PrintModuleBook.dta as a starting point, so far so good. Only a few tweaks left before I'm ready to start using this on my Projects. 

However, there's one thing that is baffling me... for the front page content there are some elements that are defined way down in the DTA content that have "TargetRegion" set to BKM_.... something. This results in the element's data being displayed on the front page. 

I've checked the rest of the DTA and I can't see anywhere that the regions are defined, nor can I see anything in the stylesheet .doc file that would indicate certain areas on the front page as BKM... something. 

Can someone please explain to me how this DTA knows that there is a region on the first page called BKM_Author (for example)?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Bartosz Chrabski (3.4k12649) | answered May 18 '20, 12:20 p.m.
edited May 18 '20, 12:21 p.m.

Hi Glyn,

The report You are refering to is using Microsoft Word Bookmarks to put information into the right places.

Regions are defined in the Word that is delivered usually with the DTA file.

You can force Word to make those bookmars visible for You, just follow this article.

Hope it will answer You question.

Glyn Costello selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Glyn Costello (13637) | answered May 18 '20, 12:26 p.m.

Thank you, I had just realised that BKM meant bookmark! Just found them all in the Word Doc template. Thank you!

Comments
Bartosz Chrabski commented May 18 '20, 12:42 p.m.

Welcome Glyn.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.