It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I make "All Children Resolved" precondition apply on to a certain work item (Epics)?

Alexander Reyes (196) | asked May 14 '20, 3:57 p.m.
I wanted to configure Epic type work items to have a precondition such that all children must be resolved in order to close/resolve. I don't want this precondition to impact other work item types, for example Stories and Tasks. Is this capability possible? Thanks in advance for any comments, suggestions etc.,

I already considered using "Depends On" link type where I don't want this precondition to apply and I'll configure as such, but only as a last resort.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 15 '20, 4:00 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As far as I can tell, the precondition works for all work item types, if configured.

If you would want this to only work for specific work item types, you would have to create a custom advisor. This advisor would have to check the type and could then either steal the code of the existing advisor, or call it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.