It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Excel/Word Importer Issue

DeWayne R (133) | asked May 12 '20, 3:40 p.m.

I've got a sandlot account and I was able to import from the sample files using the Excel importing tool into the repository last week.  Tried it again today and I'm able to validate OK but the "Export" button and Project Detail sections are NOT enabled.  Any idea what the issue might be?

3 answers

permanent link
Mehul Patel (9695) | answered May 13 '20, 1:54 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR

DeWayne,

I suggest you to try using the Web UI to confirm you have access to those projects. 
 - Are you able to consistently reproduce this? 
 - Which version and variant of addin you are using? 
 - Check if %appdata%\Mso2Rqm\Mso2Rqm_Debug.log contains some exception or errors.

Regards,
Mehul

permanent link
DeWayne R (133) | answered May 18 '20, 9:23 p.m.

Thank you for your reply.  From the log I get:

5/12/2020 11:19:55 PM: ERROR: <Unknown Caller Context>: failed to get from server: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. <o:p> </o:p>

5/12/2020 11:19:55 PM: INFO: <Unknown Caller Context>: Send Status: ProtocolError <o:p> </o:p>

5/12/2020 11:19:55 PM: ERROR: <Unknown Caller Context>: failed to get from server: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. <o:p> </o:p>

I'm shown as administrator.  Any idea what the issue would be?

Comments
Mehul Patel commented May 19 '20, 2:08 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR

Which version and variant of addin you are using? From the log file it appears like the logged in user is not authorized to access the project area.

DeWayne R commented May 28 '20, 3:39 p.m.
That is what I thought but I'm shown as an administrator.  Another person in our sandlot is having the same issue.

Mso2rqm_common version: 6.0.6.1.36127 

Mehul Patel commented May 28 '20, 11:44 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR

DeWayne,

When you are see the project drop down box as disabled, could you please confirm you have selected 'Active Document' or 'Other Document' under 'Artifact Details' section in 'Export to ETM' dialog. If none of them are selected, please select 'Active Document' and re-validate to check if the issue persist.

Regards,
Mehul

DeWayne R commented May 29 '20, 1:46 a.m.

Yes active document is selected.

Mehul Patel commented May 29 '20, 1:52 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR

DeWayne,

I couldn't think of any other reason for this disabled project list and export button, please open a Case (https://www.ibm.com/mysupport) for IBM Support to investigate this symptom in your environment.

Regards,
Mehul

permanent link
Rob Brown (211) | answered Jun 04 '20, 7:12 a.m.

I was having the same issue in the fully license version of RQM

The fix for me to get the project details populated is to unlocked both Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management - Practitioner-Floating and Rational Quality Manager - Quality Professional-Floating

Go to User Account, View My Profile and License

In the Sandbox RQM I can only find Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management - Practitioner-Floating

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.