It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to get module URI for an artifact from a core URI?

David Clark (2341150) | asked May 08 '20, 9:29 a.m.

This is related to another question I asked. The Relation URI in a link, returns a core URI for an artifact. How do I find the modules an artifact is in by the core uri?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Henryk Tomczyk (1337) | answered May 08 '20, 12:06 p.m.

David,

It is impossible right now to get from Base Context artifact to the module that is owning it.

It is possible to get from in module context artifact a link to a base context but there is no way do it opposite way now using IBM DOORS Next Reportable API.

Hope it will help

David Clark selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Diana Kraaijeveld (56227) | answered May 08 '20, 10:51 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
In the Gui you can obviously check the 'used in modules' section when you open the core artifact.
You can also run the following SPARQL query from the rm/admin >debug >SPARQL Query page, that returns a list of core artifact URL's with their related Module based artifact URL's and the related Module URLs:
Make sure to select a project and configuration first, else it will try to get all artifacts from the repository!
=================
PREFIX rm: <http://www.ibm.com/xmlns/rdm/rdf/>
PREFIX jfs: <http://jazz.net/xmlns/foundation/1.0/>

SELECT ?Resource ?Module ?boundArtifact
WHERE {
    ?Resource rm:module ?Module .
    ?Resource rm:boundArtifact ?boundArtifact .
}
===================
fyi: boundArtifact is the Core artifact

Comments
David Clark commented May 08 '20, 11:03 a.m.

Thank you, I guess I should have stated, I want to do this from RPE.

I need to mimic the behavior of the GUI for a traceability report. It needs to include the name of the module with the artifact. I have the title and core uri easily accessed, but not the module from which it is linked to.

Bartosz Chrabski commented May 10 '20, 1:32 p.m. | edited May 10 '20, 1:33 p.m.

David, 

Yes, information that you want to do it in the RPE is the critical one because you will have to use DNG Reportable API for that.

As Henryk wrote, it is not supported.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.