It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

display attribute values of related items in query result

Christian Kock (111) | asked May 05 '20, 7:09 a.m.
Following use case:

I have a work item A with attributes A1, A2, A3
There is a related work item B with attributes B1, B2, B3

I like to create a query where in the result table following columns are displayed:
A1  |  A2  |  A3  |  B1 |  B3

--- > I like to display in the query result table of work item A some attributes of the related work item B.

Only thing that is possible is showing the link to work item B in the "related" column.
A1  |  A2  |  A3  |  link to B
That that does not give me dedicated values of work item B in the table. (Yes, hovering over the link opens the details page of work item B, that's not what I need.)

Is there a way to realise above use case?

(I found an enhancement request from 9 years ago that covers my question, I think. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be relised yet.)

One answer

permanent link
Bartosz Chrabski (3.4k12648) | answered May 05 '20, 3:39 p.m.
edited May 05 '20, 3:40 p.m.

Christian,

Did you consider using Report Builder to resolve your problem?. I think you should to this way because that will be easiest way to get such a view.

I checked the enhancement request and it was to implemented.

Comments
Christian Kock commented May 06 '20, 6:24 a.m.
Hi Bartocz,
yes I tried to solve with Report Builder, and it solves the problem described - but I am running then into the next problem: Reports do not display all kind of fields e.g. not description fields of a work item (because its too large with > 32.000 characters). But this field contains important information for me.
In a "normal" query I can display the attribute "description", but not in a report.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.