It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

display attribute values of related items in query result

Christian Kock (111) | asked May 05 '20, 7:09 a.m.
Following use case:

I have a work item A with attributes A1, A2, A3
There is a related work item B with attributes B1, B2, B3

I like to create a query where in the result table following columns are displayed:
A1  |  A2  |  A3  |  B1 |  B3

--- > I like to display in the query result table of work item A some attributes of the related work item B.

Only thing that is possible is showing the link to work item B in the "related" column.
A1  |  A2  |  A3  |  link to B
That that does not give me dedicated values of work item B in the table. (Yes, hovering over the link opens the details page of work item B, that's not what I need.)

Is there a way to realise above use case?

(I found an enhancement request from 9 years ago that covers my question, I think. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be relised yet.)

One answer

permanent link
Bartosz Chrabski (3.4k12648) | answered May 05 '20, 3:39 p.m.
edited May 05 '20, 3:40 p.m.

Christian,

Did you consider using Report Builder to resolve your problem?. I think you should to this way because that will be easiest way to get such a view.

I checked the enhancement request and it was to implemented.

Comments
Christian Kock commented May 06 '20, 6:24 a.m.
Hi Bartocz,
yes I tried to solve with Report Builder, and it solves the problem described - but I am running then into the next problem: Reports do not display all kind of fields e.g. not description fields of a work item (because its too large with > 32.000 characters). But this field contains important information for me.
In a "normal" query I can display the attribute "description", but not in a report.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.