It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Importing Editable Tables Into RQM Verify Column

DeWayne R (133) | asked May 04 '20, 4:26 p.m.

We've got a lot of test documents that we are importing into RQM with the import tool.  I can import a table via the tool but it comes in as a PNG.  Is there a way to automatically get a table brought into the verify column that is editable?

2 answers

permanent link
DeWayne R (133) | answered May 06 '20, 3:10 p.m.

We've got a lot of Word documents that we are importing into RQM.  So far, the easiest way I've come up with is to move the documents into Excel and then import them via the Excel Import tool into RQM.  Problem I have is that we have a lot of reference tables that I would like to get into the verify column of RQM.  Any idea on what the easiest way of doing this would be?

permanent link
Krupa Gunhalkar (4512) | answered May 05 '20, 2:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi DeWayne,

I am not sure what format the test documents are in, since the default importer tool supports only XML format, I assume the test documents are in xml format and you are using this import for Test Case artifact. More details should be provided.

If the simple importer tool is not converting the table format as is, then try to PUT the same XML via REST API and see what is the result.  Or , you can also use word excel importer tool.

1) PUT a test case/script XML using the RQM Reprotable REST API  
Refer : https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi

2) Import a test case/script Excel/Word document using the RQM Excel/Word Importer.

Hope this helps,
Krupa Gunhalkar

Comments
DeWayne R commented May 18 '20, 9:52 p.m.

I'm using the Word/Excel importer tool.  From within RQM I'm able to directly paste a table into the results column but I have been unable to import a table from an embedded table in a cell of a Word's table.  (Basically we have Word documents where we are converting them over to a Word table and any tables in word we tried placing the tables in a cell in hopes we could automatically import them into RQM.  So far I haven't been able to figure out how to do that.   Any ideas?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.