It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can we use the Excel Importer to link a list of existing test case ids to an existing Test Plan?

Neeta Valera (45340) | asked Apr 28 '20, 11:09 a.m.

Hi,

Our users would like to generate a list of test case ids based on their execution result from a previous run of a test plan. They would like to add these test cases to another existing test plan. Can we use the RQM Excel importer to do this? if yes, how?

One answer

permanent link
Bartosz Chrabski (3.4k12648) | answered Apr 28 '20, 12:14 p.m.

Hi Neeta,

1) Our users would like to generate a list of test case ids based on their execution result from a previous run of a test plan. 

You can use Report Builder and create a report that will display list of ids based on their execetuion results.

You can do it too directly from the Rational Quality Manager using Queries and Export to CSV capabilities

They would like to add these test cases to another existing test plan. Can we use the RQM Excel importer to do this? if yes, how?

In the next step You will need to create configuration file that will connect existing Test Plan with existing Test Cases. 

This step You need to verify by yourself.

If import wont link existing objects then ping me and I will send you my OSLC based code that is adding existing Test Cases to a existing Test Plan.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.