It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Dashboarding across all the project areas in RQM

Preetha T (27225) | asked Apr 28 '20, 3:23 a.m.
edited Apr 28 '20, 3:24 a.m.

Dear Team,

We have requirement like Creating dashboards across multiple project areas. we have defined Functional based in RQM. Like ADAS, MBFM, Airbag created as a separate project areas. How to take dashboards for count of test cases having combination of all the Project areas . Please tell the possible way to achieve this.

2 answers

permanent link
Bartosz Chrabski (3.4k12649) | answered Apr 28 '20, 5:20 a.m.

Yes, it will because project streams will be connected using one single global configuration.

The only problem is if your projects are using mutiple stream for development.

Comments
Preetha T commented Apr 28 '20, 5:35 a.m.

Why My project areas are not listed in LQE datasource. I already did metamodel refresh. The project areas are showing only if i selected LQE Scoped by configurations.

permanent link
Bartosz Chrabski (3.4k12649) | answered Apr 28 '20, 3:53 a.m.

If I understood Your question correct you want to display on a single dashboard information from mutiple RQM projects.

Be aware that most of RQM widgets are project context specific so they will only display information in context of the project in which you are curretly in.

If You want to display data from many QM projects just use Report Builder to create reports and then use mutiple projects as a data source.

Comments
Preetha T commented Apr 28 '20, 4:00 a.m.

Hi Bartosz,

Thank you for your Reply. am trying to create dashboards through report builder. But am skeptical about which data source i have to use. All Project areas are configuration enabled. I can able to select multiple project areas in JRS. In the preview Format results tab i can able to see my expected report  but  If i select LQE using configuration  i can able to run report by selecting single stream.Please help .

Bartosz Chrabski commented Apr 28 '20, 4:12 a.m.

If projects are configuration management you have to use or LQE or LQE Scoped by Configuration. I suggest LQE scoped by configuration because LQE will show all the versions of the artifacts so it may cause that it object may occure more then once. 

Preetha T commented Apr 28 '20, 4:18 a.m.

Yes am using LQE Scoped By configuration but i cant able to see the report across all project areas. it allows me to select single stream. How can i run report of all the Project areas by using LQE Scoped by configuration. 

Bartosz Chrabski commented Apr 28 '20, 4:46 a.m.

I understand the issue now, because LQE Scoped by Configuration is asking for one configuration and those projects are not connected using one single global configuration.

If You will use LQE without scope configuration it will work but you will get multiple occurences of the test cases ( every version). 

I think You will have to open Request for Enhacement for that or just use LQE.

Preetha T commented Apr 28 '20, 5:19 a.m.

If we create global configuration and include all the project areas stream. while we run the report can  I select GC Stream . will it work ?

And also my project areas are not getting listed if selected LQE . 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.