It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What do you use DNG?

Cara Walter (111) | asked Apr 20 '20, 5:16 a.m.

I would like to do some research about DNG and for that it would be interesting to know for what DNG is used.

Maybe some of you can explain to me for what exactly you use DNG.

The research should help me find out more about DNG and learn more things about it. My company wants to constantly improve DNG and for that it would be really interesing for what it is used in other companys. 

Please share your knowledge with me.

2 answers

permanent link
David Sedar (2817) | answered Apr 20 '20, 6:20 a.m.

Cara - this is a very open-ended question, but I'll try to give you a flavour of our usage.

We have been using DNG in the IBM SaaS environment for about 3 years now on 2 contracts, having previously used DOORS Classic on a previous project.
Our customers have provided hundreds or thousands of Technical, Contractual and Commercial Requirements to which they require a clear compliance statement to every line, by way of documentation and/or test.
We use DNG to extract the Customer Requirements (mostly from PDF documents - via WORD), which we then categorise and assign compliance methods, ownership, timescales etc within the development teams.
Pros: it is better than spreadsheets,
Cons: reporting on progress is very difficult.

Comments
Cara Walter commented Apr 20 '20, 6:23 a.m.

Thanks very much! It helps definitly :) 

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Apr 20 '20, 6:01 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can also use the menu above and go to https://jazz.net/products and click on IBM® Engineering Requirements DOORS® Next.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.