It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Conduct a review of QM artifacts in the context of QM baseline

Bob 3 (1481564) | asked Apr 15 '20, 8:56 p.m.

ELM version 6.0.6.1

Question about QM reviews: The goal is to conduct a review of QM artifacts in the context of a baseline to avoid reviewing a 'moving target.' 

In DOORS Next, a review can be established against baselined artifacts and comments can be left, etc. Full review capability is provided against baselined DOORS Next artifacts. In contrast, it appears that the way QM is designed, reviews CANNOT be completed against baselined QM artifacts. It is important for my customers to review only baselined artifacts to avoid the moving review target problem.

Do you have any tips or arcane QM settings that would help us in our goal of reviewing baselined QM artifacts?

Some of the workarounds that my team has thought of:

1. Review test artifacts in live QM stream, but lock down test artifacts via workflow state + preconditions/follow-up action
    1. This gives me a lot of anxiety because of how heavily it relies on process to not end up reviewing in-motion artifacts
  2. Link QM baseline to RTC/EWM work item review, conduct review from EWM work item

Of those two options, I strongly prefer #2.

Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Vidya Malkarnekar (1.0k15) | answered Apr 16 '20, 3:00 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Bob,

Unfortunately, QM doesn't have the capability to review artifacts in baseline.

I am not sure how you can do option 2 as currently you can't link a baseline to EWM workitem. There is an Enhancement for it --

The only option available right now is to  complete reviews in the QM stream and lock artifacts before taking baseline as in your option 1.

-Vidya

Comments
Bob 3 commented Apr 16 '20, 4:07 p.m.

Vidya, thank you for your response. 

I found that I can link a ETM baseline to an EQM work item by using the Add Related Artifacts link. This is a generic relationship. I would prefer a more intentional, OSLC-aware link to be available for this relationship.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.