It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC java api : how to get the fully qualifed name of a team Area ?

Olivier ROSET (50121) | asked Apr 12 '20, 10:40 a.m.
edited Apr 12 '20, 10:47 a.m.
Hi,
I'm looking for a way to get the fully qualified name of a teamArea with the java api.
Can anybody tell me how to do this ? 

I have a workitem. From it, I've got the Category, and from the category, I can get the name of theTeamArea.
But how to get the fully qualified name of the teamArea (the full path of the team area in the team area hierarchy) ?

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Apr 12 '20, 2:17 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Note that a team area does not have a "pathname" ... it just has a unique ID.
It has a title, but the title doesn't identify the team area ... it just gives it a friendly name, which can be later changed and which is not guaranteed to be unique.

It would help if you explained what you were planning on doing with this information.

Olivier ROSET commented Apr 12 '20, 6:19 p.m.
 Thanks for your answer Geoffrey Clemm
You can get more details in my answer to the question.

One answer

permanent link
Olivier ROSET (50121) | answered Apr 12 '20, 6:19 p.m.
edited Apr 12 '20, 6:26 p.m.

Thanks for your answer.

But : 
In the REST API, if you search for a team Area, you can ask  for the "qualifiedName" attribute.
This "qualifiedName" is the path of the team in the teams hierarchy description.
In the  REST api documentation, for the team Area, we can read this : 

teamArea (type: com.ibm.team.process.TeamArea)

This element represents a Team Area.

Properties:

• name (type: xs:string). The human-readable name of the project area (e.g. "My Team")
  • qualifiedName (type: xs:string). A fully-qualified team area name, slash-separated, including all parent team areas (e.g. "/My Parent Team/My Team").
I just want to get the "qualifiedName" through the java api, not by a REST api call...

Thanks for your help.

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Apr 12 '20, 7:04 p.m.

Still wondering about the question in my original comment ... once you have the qualifiedName, how do you plan on using it?  

Olivier ROSET commented Apr 12 '20, 7:08 p.m.
 The teams Hierarchy describe a organization. I want to split this "qualifiedName" in different parts and use those parts to know in what department, service, etc. the team is classified.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Apr 12 '20, 7:13 p.m.

That makes sense, thanks. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.