It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can you setup Configurable Data Connections

Ben Sharples (812858) | asked Apr 07 '20, 1:14 p.m.
Is it possible to configure an RPE Data Connection in the Web Server such that it doesn't point to a specific module or collection and instead when you run the report you can pick the item you want to generate for?

Otherwise it seems like you have to define a new data connection for every Module you would want to generate a requirements specification for, which on a large complex programme is a signfiicant overhead and confusing for users

One answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Apr 08 '20, 12:55 a.m.
By Web Server, do you mean Document Builder?
You can write (Java swing) code to get the list of modules and user can choose specific module from the list. However, this works only in Launcher. There is also an option to use resource picker (OSLC Resource Selection...), through which user can select the module. The URI for the module will be used for document generation.
The simple universal solution is to use an external variable that would be used to construct the URI for the Data Source Configuration element. You can pass module UID through the variable and use it in the URI.

Comments
Ben Sharples commented Apr 08 '20, 11:40 a.m.
I'm aware of doing things in Document Launcher (when that is installed locally).

I was meaning when you are using document Builder within the Web Interface.

From a basic user interface perspective I am trying to get away from standard users needing an extended knowledge of how to configure RPE which will improve tool uptake within the business.

I have struggled previously with using a variable as the input as for DNG artifacts it relies on knowing the module UID where I would prefer to be able to use the DNG (integer value) as that is what is readily visible to a basic user

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.