It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DOORS to DNG migration links

Miroslav Zaninovic (36723) | asked Apr 02 '20, 5:27 a.m.
Hi,

is it possible automatically ti reestablish DOORS link to DNG if we migrate in more migration packages?
In our case links within one migration package are reestablished without problem, but links between artifacts from different migration packages are not reestablished in DNG after migration.

Is it expected behavior or we missed something in configuration?

Tnx

Accepted answer

permanent link
Sean F (1.3k241144) | answered Apr 02 '20, 11:03 a.m.
Hi Miroslav,

This is expected behaviour.

I have done several DOORS -> DNG migrations using the migration wizard. The only links that are transferred to DNG are links with source and target inside a single Migration package.

You can rebuild other inks using DNG's  Link By Attribute feature.
Miroslav Zaninovic selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Miroslav Zaninovic commented Apr 03 '20, 8:18 a.m.

Thank you!

One other answer

permanent link
Ian Barnard (1.9k613) | answered Apr 07 '20, 11:04 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Miroslav

My understanding of how migration from DOORS->DOORS Next works is that links should be handled gracefully across migration packages and fully recreated as incremental migrations are made from DOORS (Hyperlinks in text won't be modified, of course). i.e. what you are seeing is not expected behaviour, and you shouldn't need to use link by attribute to recreate links.

I'm not sure about the DOORS side - if you're using an old version that might need updating too - but once that defect is in an iFix you'll have to update your DOORS Next Generation installation with the ifix.

Regards
Ian

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.