It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Easier way to propagate a type system across servers?

Wayne Solomon (111) | asked Mar 31 '20, 5:42 a.m.

Hello, I am currently using Doors Next Gen and I am trying to propagate a type system across multiple servers. This link shows the only way I know how to do this but the problem is that this is not easily sustainable since I will have to always make a new components to sync the Master server's type system to the dependent sever's type system. https://jazz.net/library/article/92352

Overall, I want to know if there is another solution beside this one? for example, a script or different tool in jazz.

One answer

permanent link
Sean F (1.3k241145) | answered Mar 31 '20, 8:45 a.m.

Hi Wayne,

Do you have Configuration Management enabled for your DNG database?

If not then the linked article is not really relevant to your scenario as it is specifically for CF enabled systems.

There are 2 simpler ways to get a type system from one server to another with or without CF enabled.

----------
1. Project Archive

Create a project archive from your master RM project area on server1 and choose to include     

Artifact types
    Attributes
    Attribute data types (including enumerations and enumeration values)
    Link types

in the archive.

Then download the archive as a .archive file from server1

Then upload the .archive file to system 2

Then create a project from the uploaded arcghive on server2.

--------
2. ReqIF

Use ReqIF to export a .reqif file containing

Artifact types
    Attributes
    Attribute data types (including enumerations and enumeration values)
    Link types

from the master RM project area on server1

Create a new RM project area on server2 and import the .reqif file into that project

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.