It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[RTC] Is there a way to create a setValue scritpt for a contributor list?

HIROAKI JOSAKO (47427) | asked Mar 23 '20, 1:17 a.m.

Is there a way to create a setValue scritpt for a contributor list?
I want to narrow down to logged-in user as selection candidates

This script does not change the list
===============================================================
dojo.provide("com.panasonic.jp.workitem.scripts.common.contributor_mine");
dojo.require("com.ibm.team.workitem.api.common.WorkItemAttributes");
dojo.require("com.ibm.team.repository.web.client.session.Session");

(function() {
var WorkItemAttributes= com.ibm.team.workitem.api.common.WorkItemAttributes;
var getAuthenticatedContributor = com.ibm.team.repository.web.client.session.getAuthenticatedContributor;

dojo.declare("com.panasonic.jp.workitem.scripts.common.contributor_mine", null, {
    getValueSet: function(attributeId, workItem, configuration) {
var loggedInUser = [];
loggedInUser.push(getAuthenticatedContributor().itemId); //user's uuid
        return loggedInUser;
    }
});
})();
===================================================================

One answer

permanent link
Ian Wark (79713450) | answered Mar 23 '20, 2:37 a.m.
I think the answer is that you cannot get this from Javascript, only from a Java based value provider.

See here:

Creating a Java-based value provider takes more work but is more powerful. Be sure to check the bottom of this wiki, which has some helpful hints. See "Providing new customizations implemented in Java"
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/AttributeCustomization#Value_sets

Mr Schoon also has great examples of this kind of customization, which helped me to create a working Java based attribute customization.
https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/06/26/attribute-customization-java-based-value-providers-conditions-and-validators/

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 23 '20, 3:06 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I have never succeeded to return values for attribute list types in JavaScript. It has worked for me in Java. Ian provided the link already.

HIROAKI JOSAKO commented Mar 23 '20, 3:21 a.m.

Hi Ian

Thanks information
I've read this article, but I wasn't able to use "Attribute Csutomaization".

We believe that RTC systems will no longer be supported if created in Java.
We believe that risk-taking mechanisms should not be implemented.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Mar 23 '20, 11:24 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

It depends what you mean by "supported".   Many customers (and most Enterprise customers) use Java-based extensions, and this is fully supported.   What is not supported is debugging your extension code.   So if you report a problem, IBM support will ask if you can reproduce the problem with your extension not being used.  If it turns out the problem is in your extension code, IBM support will ask you to provide a short snippet of your code that reproduces the problem, and they will investigate the behavior of that snippet.

HIROAKI JOSAKO commented Mar 24 '20, 12:24 a.m.

Clemm,Ralph Thanks!!

Here's what we think about support:.
・Support for the introduction of plug-ins created using the RTC Java-SDK, as well as the upgrade and defect support of the installed RTC server will not be included.

I have no experience developing plug-ins using the Java SDK, so I don't have a way to solve development risks.
If you don't receive official support for plugin development, I will give up on this issue.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.