It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get project area's application name i.e ccm, rm,qm etc?

Andrew Ciaz (59160) | asked Mar 13 '20, 3:31 a.m.

Hi all,

I have project area and I want to find out the application that belongs to the project. Is there any workaround. No such method available, Please help with trick.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 13 '20, 3:38 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This question is ingenious in avoiding to provide any useful information. 

Andrew Ciaz commented Mar 13 '20, 5:04 a.m.

I have project areas and I want find out  in which application(ccm,qm,rm) the project area belongs to. Is there any Java API? 

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 13 '20, 5:20 a.m. | edited Mar 13 '20, 5:22 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

What do you have describing the project area. What do you want to do? What API are you using?

I have provided you the link several times already. 

The RTC API is for RTC only. It worked in the past to some extend for other tools, but that could have changed. If you have a IProcessArea/IProjectArea you can get the ITeamRepository and from that you can get the URI and determine the application from that.

If you have just some name and no idea, you will have to use other API, for all I can tell. E.g. use OSLC to get the project area names. and do a string compare.

One answer

permanent link
Bharath Rao (915136) | answered Mar 13 '20, 3:41 a.m.
edited Mar 13 '20, 3:41 a.m.

Hi Andrew,

As for a quick way.. you could look at the project areas of each application using REST API and see if its present..
https://<hostname>:9443/<context root>/rpt/repository/foundation?fields=foundation/projectArea/name

replace "context root" as qm or ccm etc as per your environment..

Hope it helps!

I would allow other to share if there is a better way :)

Comments
Andrew Ciaz commented Mar 13 '20, 5:04 a.m.

I have project areas and I want find out  in which application(ccm,qm,rm) the project area belongs to. Is there any Java API?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.