It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I link workitems to Requirements in a Specific Component

Ben Sharples (812858) | asked Mar 10 '20, 12:05 p.m.
I am having issues in being able to search for and link to requirements from workitems, where a Requirement is not in the 'Default Component' created within a DOORS NG Project Area.

I am unable when selecting to create a link from a Workitem to a Requirement to specify the specific Requirements Component that my requirements are in.

Perfectly able to do the reverse. (I.e. add a Link from a Requirement to a Workitem)

For the purposes of my Sandpit area I have defined a release that is associated with my the top levle GC that my RTC and DNG components sit within.

For that same release I have also associated it with a single Iteration (set as current iteration within Project timeline).

Then I have a dummy workitem that is 'Found In' this release and also 'Planned For' the associated iteration.

Using CLM v6.0.6

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Mar 10 '20, 2:37 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

When you create a link from a Requirement to that work item, if you go to the work item, I assume you can see that link.   If so, when you navigate that link, ending up in the DNG GUI, what is the current configuration that appears in the top of your DNG screen?   In particular is it the top level GC that you associated with the release?   

Ben Sharples commented Mar 10 '20, 3:09 p.m.
Yes that is the behaviour that is exhibited.

It's just that if I wanted to create a link from Workitem to Requirement I can't select the Component I want.

Within my GC the CCM stream is at the top level under the top level GC.
My requirement component is a sub-GC component underneath the Top Level GC

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Mar 11 '20, 1:38 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This works fine in my 6.0.6.1 test server.   In particular, when I say Add Implements Requirements link in the work item, then select my DNG project area and check "link to existing", I get a Requirement Selection dialog box, and in the top line, it lets me select any component that is in my selected GC.

So I would work with IBM support to find out what's going wrong in your environment.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.