It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

installing into vertically stacked websphere liberty

Chris B (116) | asked Mar 10 '20, 9:54 a.m.

Hi ,  We currently use a multi WAS profile setup on a set of servers. When installing jazz and using the bundled liberty setup I see that it installs one application server with a number of applications per real server. I would like to have a number of Application servers running one application each on one host server. Is there any information on how to install jazz into a vertically stacked liberty.

One answer

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Mar 11 '20, 2:47 p.m.
The 'bundling' of what goes into Liberty configuration depends on the choices made when installing CLM options.  So I would expect that in your WAS setup, there is something fundamentally different ( e.g. DNS alias, port #, context root ) to distinguish each separate application server.  

e.g.
Part of a distributed setup with 3 jts each with RM, RS and 2 QM ( jazz ).   These are also deployed into separate WAS profiles.

$ ls jts03/server/webapps
clmhelp.war  jts.war      rm.war       rs.war       rs.war.bak
$ ls tcbdb1/server/webapps
jazz.war

I don't have any of my installs with Liberty, but I seem to recall the WAR files will be placed into the separate Liberty locations based on the choices made at the time of install ( or modify of a prior install ).

Comments
Chris B commented Mar 13 '20, 6:12 a.m.
 Ive been having a look at how liberty  bundles the apps on the first server which is different to how a was distributed setup by profile is set up as kevin describes and i think I should be able to set up in liberty.

The directory clmservertemplate contains a template and running server/server.startup.bat creates  a server from this template called clm which in this case contains jts.war and ccm.war.

I would like to be able to have two jvm liberty servers  here eg clm (running jts.war) and clm2 which runs (ccm.war) much in the same way as seperate WAS profiles on the same server.  is there a way of doing this using the  clmservertemplate or is it better just to stick to keeping CLM running on Websphere application server?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.