It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Multiple Releases referring to the same Global Configuration?

Glyn Costello (13637) | asked Mar 06 '20, 4:33 a.m.

Hi, 

At the moment, I have multiple releases for my project referencing to the same global configuration (which is also the root of the hierarchy). 

Seems to be working at the moment, am I going to hit any problems in the future that I haven't thought about?

The reason is that we are treating 'releases' as phases of a traditional project (non-software) but all teams/timelines/components making up the same project (root global config). The global config is being used to allow multiple teams, parallel developments between teams, re-use of components in the future, etc. 

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Mar 06 '20, 10:37 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If your releases are sequential, and no two releases are being actively developed at the same time, then having all the releases map to the same global configuration is fine.   But if two releases are active at the same time, then you will need a different configuration for each release, since a given global configuration can only define the state of a single release.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.