It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Export embedded PDF from DNG with RPE template

werner kolze (3146) | asked Mar 01 '20, 10:44 p.m.
 hi - we are trying to work out how to export a whole PDF document from DNG to WORD via a RPE template.
We get the first page but not all pages - any hints, tips, tricks you might be able to share?
Thanks in advance

Comments
Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Mar 02 '20, 10:28 p.m.

How are you exporting the PDF document? Is it uploaded file in DNG? Which report are you using? Is that a customer report? If so, what template element you are using in the RPE template (.dta file)?

3 answers

permanent link
werner kolze (3146) | answered Mar 02 '20, 5:55 p.m.
  Hi Subramanya Prasad Pilar - 

I am not trying to accept this as an answer or answer my own question here -  this is a comment to your comment - I cannot add any other comment from this page  - so I do this here - 

we have uploaded the PDF document into a DNG artefact - with the DNG feature to do so. This artefact contains the PDF now.
We are trying to export the whole PDF, so the whole contents of the PDF, in conjunction with the other contents which is just exported to WORD - with a RPE 6.0.6 iFix1 template, this template contains one Container which is allocated for PDF export and within that container is a "Include File" element - this does bring out the first page of the PDF document but not the whole contents.
I trust this makes sense? -
cheers
Werner

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Mar 02 '20, 10:33 p.m.
Thank you for additional details. "Include File" element is supported with only select file types (.doc, .txt, etc.) and not supported for PDF files.

permanent link
werner kolze (3146) | answered Mar 02 '20, 10:39 p.m.

hi Subramanya - have you ever managed to export a whole embedded PDF document in DNG with a RPE template to WORD ?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.